Head of Business Development
Permanent Role (No Agents) Location: Westminster, London Contact: email@example.com
The role is a new position in our London office, for which you are responsible for the development of our commercial customer base as well as further development of channels and partners. This is a hands-on role, ensuring you personally hit targets, as well as the team grows, the team quotas.
The role also includes responsibility for the strategy and planning relating to objectives. You will also be responsible for the development and performance of a team of Sales Executives, including recruiting, developing, resourcing and motivating the team and ensuring the team are empowered and supported to deliver their revenue targets and KPIs, as well as developing appropriate best practices.
Experience – Who are we looking for?
We are ideally looking for someone who has worked with companies and professional firms, and experience developing channels and deep relationships. Beneficial if you have experience in SAAS or enterprise sales development. You will be a seasoned sales professional with outstanding communication skills, written and oral, an excellent relationship (within the company, with partners and prospects and clients), and be able to motivate and drive a team. You have had experience working in high-growth, fast-paced environments and working under pressure.
- Proven track record of B2B telesales and F2F sales to high level decision makers at corporates and professional services.
- Experience building and managing a B2B sales team to successfully achieve quota.
- 5+ years in leadership roles, at least 3+ years in senior leadership roles
- Beneficial – if you have Experience running an office as an MD / GM function
- 360 sales, from prospecting to closing and after sales.
- Hire, train and maintain a strong sales force.
- Develop, execute, monitor and adjust sales strategies.
- A second language at mother-tongue level is advantageous
- A strong and authentic leader – the ability to coach and motivate others to perform at their best
- Degree educated (or equivalent experience)
We are looking for someone who is as excited as us of the changes underway in the fintech space for businesses, who will hit the ground running in terms of prospects and delivering on targets.
Akoni is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We are not working with recruitment agencies for this hire. Please note – Akoni does not accept unsolicited profiles, CVs, descriptions, names or details from agencies/third parties who have not been requested to work with us or contacting us speculatively. We will not be liable for any fees incurred by third parties. Any third parties doing so are ultimately agreeing that Akoni are able to use any information submitted to us at our own discretion.
Akoni is an exciting high-growth, B2B fintech startup, having recently completed the Accenture fintech innovation lab. Our team is based near Victoria/Westminster headquartered in London.