Head of Partnerships
Permanent Role (No Agents)
Location: Westminster, London
Seeking an experienced Head of Partnerships whose mission will be to lead the business development relating to channels and partnerships to drive increased revenue for Akoni’s ambitious growth objectives
The role is a new position in our London office, for which you are responsible for the development of our partnership and channels including associations and affinity groups base as well as further development of other channels partners. This is a hands-on role, ensuring you personally hit targets.
The role also includes responsibility for the strategy and planning relating to objectives. You will also be responsible for the development and performance of the partnerships and channels, working with the CEO as well as where appropriate with business development and marketing.
Key responsiblities include in-depth relationships with partners to support aggressive growth; creation of a Partnership Commercial plan and strategy, establishing Akoni as the most effective marketing source within the commercial space. Ongoing enhancement of relationships with partners through analytics, marketing and though leadership. Management of the Partner panel and maximising new opportunitues, improving outcomes for clients and partners. Preparing outstanding presentations, participating in ecosystem and sector events, display a high level of passion for the role and present at various sector events, including travelling across the UK as required.
Experience – Who are we looking for?
We are ideally looking for someone who has worked with companies and professional firms, and experience developing channels and deep relationships. You will be a seasoned sales professional with outstanding communication skills, written and oral, an excellent relationship (within the company, with partners a), and to be self-motivated and drive delivery. You have had experience working in high-growth, fast-paced environments and working under pressure.
- Proven track record of developing partner relationships
- 5+ years in leadership roles
- Strategic and self-driven, an influential self-starter
- Ability to develop, drive and manage strategic partnerships at C-suite or member Board level
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Strong Negotiation and influencing skills
- Highly numeric and comfortable working with large amounts of data
- Data driven decision making
- Strong Desire to deliver change to companies and nonprofits
- Proactive in seeking out and developing opportunities
- Ability to influence and drive change
- Attention to detail
- Can-do attititude, driving and delivering change
- •360 sales and development of various partners, from planning to prospecting to closing and after sales.
- Degree educated (or equivalent experience)
We are looking for someone who is as excited as us of the changes underway in the fintech space for businesses and wants to join a fun and amazing team.
Akoni is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are happy to work with an individual or your own company for this role. We are not working with recruitment agencies for this hire. Please note – Akoni does not accept unsolicited profiles, CVs, descriptions, names or details from agencies/third parties who have not been requested to work with us or contacting us speculatively. We will not be liable for any fees incurred by third parties. Any third parties doing so are ultimately agreeing that Akoni are able to use any information submitted to us at our own discretion.
Akoni is an exciting high-growth, B2B fintech startup, having recently completed the Accenture fintech innovation lab. Our team is based near Victoria/Westminster headquartered in London.