VP of Engineering
Location: Westminster, London Contact: email@example.com
Akoni are looking for an experienced VP of engineering or senior technical lead to join the team. The role will report to the founder/CTO and work closely with him to deliver the Akoni roadmap, technical vision and build the right team for future growth.
The role is ideally suited to someone with a strong team management and technical leadership background, and who wants to join a growing team in a funded FinTech. The role will fit an individual who can think strategically about the team structure, process and technologies, help manage delivery and wants to get their hands dirty working with the team, writing code as a core part of the role. Passion for great code and a sense of mission are key.
Strong technical leadership is crucial as Akoni is building our foundational technology and key decisions are required in the next 12 months to ensure future agility. Equally important is a track record building and running agile teams, understanding and refining team processes and hiring the right team members as we build our core team.
We are also happy to consider individuals for the role that are looking to step into their first VP Engineering role as long as they have enough experience in the various disciplines and can show they are ambitious and willing to grow into the role.
You do not need to have any financial services experience, although this is beneficial. You need feel as compelled and driven as we do about the massive benefits technology can bring to improving financial outcomes, and how leveraging data is key to that end goal.
- Demonstrable track record working as a technical manager, VP of engineering or Technical Lead
- Comfortable with all aspects of Agile, development management, team building and hiring
- Expert with web technologies and microservice architecture/technologies
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- A background in making key technology choices and vendor selection
- Software engineering and product development and delivery experience
- Developing solutions within complex environments, scaleable from small models
- Project management / team leadership
You will join a driven and fast moving team. We have strong investors onboard and growth plans are underway. We are building a fast moving and dynamic company and team and are seeking individuals equally passionate about the opportunities in the fintech sector. The role will be challenging and exciting in the hottest space in fintech currently – SME and banking solutions.
What’s on offer
Market rates salary based on experience and career stage along with options for the right individual and company private health.